Rules Changes for 2019
CHANGES TO THE RULES IN 2019
Here is a snapshot of the changes made to the 2019 APPA Rules. As an entrant it is very important that you read the Rules IN FULL and develop a thorough understanding of them.
A new Core Rule, titled ‘Eligibility’ has been introduced on page 11. This Rule allows your image to be moved into a different category at the discretion of the Awards Committee. Please read this Core Rule carefully.
- Entrants are required to submit the original capture files for each image they enter. These files will be submitted via Dropbox. Instructions are on page 7 under ‘How To Enter’.
- Entrants will receive a ‘receipt of entry’ email once the entry process is complete. The validation process will be conducted by Scrutineers after the close of entries.
- The minimum size of the longest edge on your print has changed to 25cm.
- The Alternative Photographic Processes Award has been introduced.
- Commercial entries must be accompanied by a caption of up to 50 words to inform the judging panel of the intended purpose of use or details of the commission.
- The Family category will be judged in two sections, Open and Single Capture.
- The Illustrative category will be judged in one section, removing the Analogue and Historic Process sub-section.
- Illustrative entries may be accompanied by a caption of up to 50 words.
- The Nature category no longer has provision for specialised scientific techniques.
- The Newborn category will be judged in two sections, Open and Single Capture.
- The Pet/Animal category will be judged in two sections, Open and Single Capture.
- The definitions of ‘single capture’ and ‘immediate family’ have changed (see page 31).
The 2019 APPA Rules can be downloaded HERE.